The Robert Bateman Centre is located in the Steamship Terminal on Victoria’s Inner Harbour. The Centre displays the definitive collection of Robert Bateman’s work. The centre is also used to support a dynamic program of public events.
Since he was a boy growing up in Toronto, Ontario, Robert Bateman has painted, sketched, and sculpted the particularities of the natural world. This display shows the major themes of his life’s work, including his early experimentation with abstract art styles, his travels throughout the world, and his commentary on the state of our planet. The paintings, drawings, sculptures, etchings, and lithographs are a refreshing and inspiring view of our natural and man-made heritage.
Region of focus:
Volunteer opportunities available:
Description of volunteer opportunities:
Share your love of art, community, and nature.
The Robert Bateman Centre is seeking enthusiastic, people-oriented individuals to join our dedicated team of volunteers who share an interest in introducing others to the inspirational world of Robert Bateman. This is a wonderful opportunity to connect with other likeminded people, and to help others discover the magic of nature.Please consider joining us if you are looking to be a part of an organization that:
- Believes the visitor experience is paramount
- Fosters respect for the natural world in which we live
- Stands for creativity, innovation and ongoing learning
- Listens and contributes to our communities
- Is committed to the highest professional and ethical standards
We have several opportunities where you can contribute – or get in touch and tell us what you had in mind!
- Docents lend their acquired knowledge of Robert Bateman, his art, and his inspirations to visitors to the Robert Bateman Centre.
- Shop volunteers introduce our customers to a wide array of locally made work from a very talented pool of artists.
- Public programming volunteers assist our staff in the planning and execution of our many public programs geared to fostering a love of nature.
What type of training does a volunteer need?
All we ask is you to bring your enthusiasm for people, nature, or art and we will do the rest.