FUN Society is an innovative “action-tank” working to redefine the very meaning of education. We believe that the purpose of education is to raise a society of good people with open, active minds and beautiful hearts.
Region of focus:
Volunteer opportunities available:
Description of volunteer opportunities:
Are you looking for a FUN way to spend your summer? Excited about working with children and youth? Remember having a wonderful time at camp when you were younger?
Share your passion for the environment
FUN Society is looking for volunteers for an innovative and exciting camp – one of the first day camps in the Victoria area to focus on leadership and sustainability in our daily lives. (Visit www.funsociety.ca for more information on the program). We are looking for enthusiastic and inspiring people to share their time with us this summer!
Volunteering with FUN Camps will give you the opportunity for a meaningful summer experience and provide you with:
* Leadership skills and mentorship experience with a diverse group of youth
* An opportunity to meet new people, get outside and have FUN!
* An opportunity to affect change, be inspired and inspire others!
* Assist in all camp activities and games
* Provide mentorship to youth
* Supervise and lead groups during field trips
* Teach youth about sustainability and the environment
* Assist with the documentation of FUN Camps through taking photographs and videos
FUN Camps operate in the Greater Victoria area from July 4th to September 2nd. We ask for a minimum commitment of one week (five days) during the summer.
Volunteers are required to be:
* Positive, energetic, compassionate and of course, FUN!!
* Age 17+ (Are you under the age of 17? Register for our Peer Leader Program on our website!)
If you are interested in volunteering or if you have any questions please email email@example.com